Monday, January 18, 2010

A little update!


I didn't realize how long it had been since my last post. It's been over a year! So much has happened the past year, ups and downs, but ultimately things have worked out for the best in the end! We sold our dream house in November and moved back to where we lived growing up. We are all settled in our new place and we LOVE being back in the area, close to family and friends. We have found a church group we are getting to know, and have met some amazing people I feel God has laid in our path of life.

So just a little update with little Kennedy...she is officially potty trained! A few weeks ago I decided to buy her a new pink potty and Disney Princess panties. Once we got everything home, I made her sit on the potty for as long as it would take for her to "go" and that was around one hour! But after that, it's like the light switch went off! I made a huge deal about it, clapping, singing, dancing...and we ended the celebration with a sticker on her potty chart! She realized she did something good, and worth doing again! She peed a few more times that night in her pink potty and things were going great! I decided to write her teacher at preschool a letter explaining what was happening and asked for their help while she was there. She only had one accident that first day! That went on for a week or so, but it got to the point she wasn't having ANY accidents anymore while she was at school. When she would come home during the beginning, she would ask for her pull-up. For some reason, when she was home she would revert back to her old habits, only using the potty on random occasions. I finally realized she is 1) old enough to understand the feeling that she needs to go and 2) she knows what to do...so that is when I took the pull-ups away and put her straight into panties. Cold turkey, you could call it! For some reason when that pull-up was on, she felt it was okay to use the bathroom. But when she was in panties, she realized she needed to ask to go. I had heard that advice from other mothers I am friends with, and they were right! So...yesterday she finally used #2 in the potty which was a first! I am SO PROUD of my baby girl! I always told myself that the day Kenn is out of diapers and wearing panties, she will no longer be baby anymore. That is a hard one to swallow for me, although I am ecstatic that she is potty trained...it's bittersweet for me. My baby is a little girl now! I just wanted to share that EXCITING news!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! It has been a while. So glad to see that everything is going great for you guys. Kennedy is a doll! Please keep updating; although I know it's hard to do. I haven't done anything in a while either. See ya girl!!

Valerie said...

Yay! You posted!!! I've missed reading up on the happenings of the Leloup family!!
Miss Kennedy is sooo pretty! Congrats on the potty training!

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear the good news! And glad to see an update from you. It had been a long time, and I wondered how everything has been going for you guys. Sorry I missed you at Christmas, just never enough time when I visit!

You know what I think this means? Little rug rat #2 should be along soon!! lol No pressure.

-Calah