Today was the big day. Kennedy's tear duct surgery. I've been up since 3:30am so I am tired to say the least! Everything went really well. She was crying when she came off the anesthesia and only wanted her mommy. She cried for about 15 minutes then finally settled down after nursing. Her little eyes were swollen for a few hours. Once we got her home she slept for awhile then woke up extremely hot feeling so I took her temp and it read 102.8! I called the doctor and he said to give her Tylenol and lots of fluids which brought her back to a normal temperature. (update: a few days later she came down with her first ear infection...we think it may have happened when she was put to sleep. Saliva easily could have trickled down the side of her face into her ear causing the infection.) The doctor said the surgery looks to be a success. He doesn't think he will have to repeat the procedure. We will find out for sure on her 2 week follow-up visit. I can already tell a difference just today! I am very excited! Thanks for all the prayers. I honestly felt the support and comfort of the Lord in this experience. For the ones who know me well, I usually don't handle things like this well. I get very emotional and I happened to be so strong today! I only teared up once when the nurse took her away to the operating room. Thanks again for thinking of our little Kennedy. We have been blessed with great friends! Here are a few pics.
Pre-surgery: Checking oxygen levels
Pre-surgery: Changing into the baby gown


3 comments:
I am so glad sweet Kennedy did well. We were praying for you guys.
The Lord definately gives us Mom's peace and comfort when we need it most. I don't do well when Lydia goes to the dr. for well check ups, so I can't imagine her going to the hospital for any type of procedure.
I am happy that she did well and that you can tell a difference in her little tear ducts already.
Hope to see you two soon!
Ditto to what Sarah said. God does give mommies strength and courage when we have to face difficult challenges with our babies. He knows just what we need to stay strong for our families. I'm so glad that Kennedy is doing well. Please update after her follow up visit!
Post a Comment